Wednesday, May 27, 2009

With Budget Cuts I'm A-R-Y Stationary

I have a confession to make...I love paper. The eco-conscious and the paper-philes don't generally hang out in the same circles, but this year's National Stationery Show indicates that things may be changing. I did not actually attend the stationery show. Insane, I know, that with huge budget cuts and travel restrictions I was not able to convince the powers that be to allow me to travel to a trade show that has nothing to do with my job. I am fortunate that the good folks at Treehugger reported back on some of the amazing eco-friendly paper products that were showcased at the show.

Now, the stationers that made this best of the best list are doing some amazing work. We're not just talking about 10% post-consumer fiber. We're talking reclaimed cotton, carbon neutral, paper mills running on landfill gas, carbon-footprint labeled eco-friendly stationery! And it's gorgeous! The whimsical designs are matched by whimsical company names like Two Trick Pony and Fugu Fugu Press. Check out the dazzling stationery slideshow at treehugger! If you think you'll forget, just jot a note on your hydroelectric-paper-mill-made-soy-based-ink-printed notepad. Oh, you don't have one? Check out these companies and you can remedy that situation.

No comments: