- How nutrition guidelines get developed?
- Where the food pyramid came from?
- Why we all learned about the 4 food groups growing up?
- Why some sugar cereals are labeled as "heart smart" and others are not?
- Why dietary guidelines never say to "eat less" of anything?
- That there is a Western Pistachio Association? (who knew??)
- How olestra got produced?
- That enough soda is produced in this country for every person (man, woman, child, baby) to drink 556 12-oz servings a year?
If any of these topics and issues are of interest to you, Food Politics is definitely worth the read!