Wednesday, January 7, 2009

rent A toy!

Our kids do it now just as we did it to our parents a generation before...beg for a toy and then tire of it in a month or two. A friend of mine asks her son to choose several of his toys to donate to less fortunate kids every year before the holidays and his birthday - a great idea for extending the life of an item and making somebody else's life happier. Another idea is to check out rent A toy. It's kind of like Netflix, but with toys instead of movies. Pick out the toys you and your little ones want, have them delivered to your house, and send them back when you're done! What if one of the toys becomes a cherished favorite? You can purchase the item for a below-retail price. The Web site gives all of the details. My favorite part of the rent A toy site? The description of the staff members includes their favorite childhood toys...that tells you much more about a person than most employee descriptions I've seen!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I found out about rentAtoy a few months ago from a friend. I thought it would be a great way to maintain our family budget so I signed up. My 4 year old and 6 year old are constantly asking me for new toys and with their large selection of toys I no longer have to say no. I think it’s such a great idea and have recommended it to all my friends!! If you haven’t checked it out yet you should- www.rentAtoy.com!

Anonymous said...

I love your eco friendly site! I am one of the founders of BabyPlays.com. The owner of rentatoy.com was actually one of our members. I guess he liked the program so much that he wanted to start his own!
At BabyPlays we have absolutely unmatched customer service and provide the cleanest, safest toys on the market! CBS New York even sent a box of toys to a lab (unbeknownst to us) for testing and all of the toys we shipped were 100% sanitary. I would love to offer you a free trial of our program so you can see what you think. Please let me know if you are interested! blogresponse@mybabyplays.com